|Home | Rules | Enter | Awards | Judges | Contact|
RULES AND TERMS
• Submissions are accepted via electronic submission on FilmFreeway.com, between April 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017.
• Entry fee for each screenplay is $40 until the early deadline on May 1st, $50 until June 1st, and $60 until final deadline on June 30.
• There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
• Entries must be received on or before the deadlines and submission fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
• All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
• Material must be submitted by the writer. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s). All writers must be credited on title page.
• If a writing team is chosen as a winner, prizes will be given to the person who submits the project. Each team is responsible for dividing or sharing the prize money.
• Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material are not allowed. Please proofread your script very carefully before submitting.
• It is recommended that original material be registered with the WGA or The Library of Congress before submitting to any competition, however we do not require registration.
• All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders.
• All writers at least 18 years of age are eligible. However, a writer who has earned more than $50,000 (or equivalent currency) from professional writing services for film or TV in the preceding year is not. (Contest winnings not included.)
• All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English.
• All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible.
• There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
• The material submitted must not be encumbered by any obligation to, or option held by, a third party prior to entering the competition.
• Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin. All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF.
• Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or the work is in the public domain.
• All Grand Prize videos produced by Vegas Writes will become the property of the screenwriter, who may distribute or promote in any manner. A “produced by” credit will be granted to Vegas Writes.
• Vegas Writes reserves the right to cancel the competition in the event that entry fees will not cover the cost of producing the grand prizes. In that case, all entry fees will be promptly refunded, less the Film Freeway processing fee.
COPYRIGHT AND OWNERSHIP
Vegas Writes, or any other partner, employee or agent associated with this contest claims no ownership nor first right of option to any original screenplay submitted to this contest. All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders until and unless other agreements are made.
ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS. You agree to release and hold harmless Vegas Writes LLC, Vegas Writes.org, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, Prize contributors, judges, screenplay readers, Sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant's Entry, participation in the Contest and/or acceptance or use or misuse of Prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Vegas Writes.org and its Sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant's participation in the Contest and/or entrant's use or misuse of Prize. Employees of Vegas Writes and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified. ENTRY TO THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any Federal, State or Local law. Voided entries will be refunded. Recipients' eligibility will be verified before the grant is awarded and the winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility.
Final Deadline is June 30, 2017!
|Vegas Writes 2017|